Texture and Gloss: 10 Ideas to Steal from a Hip London Cafe
A recent discovery in our submissions in-box: Catalyst Café & Coffee Roasters in central London, with interiors that strike a “balance between roughness and sensitivity, as a good cup of coffee does.” We like its quirky mix of granite and marble, small-space storage solutions, and glass floor looking into the “lab,” all designed by Thessaloniki-based 157+173 Designers. Here are 10 ideas to take away.
Photography courtesy of 157+173 Designers.
1. Hide surprising design inside a traditional exterior.
2. Up the contrast: Balance rough stone with wood and glass.
3. Keep surfaces streamlined with cutout cabinet pulls.
4. Mix stone for maximum texture.
5. Add a pegboard for additional storage.
6. Use shelves as a counter space.
7. Incorporate cork.
8. Faucet as focal point: Install an exposed-pipe fixture.
9. Play with the structure you’re given.
10. Keep the background simple.
via Remodelista http://ift.tt/2uvt5KW